Sanborn's Mexican Auto Insurance.


Already purchased with Sanborn's

HOME   |    CONTACT US   |   

Free quote and Buy online Mexican Insurance
Mexico Auto Insurance
Driving Tip of the Day
More Useful Driving Tips
Sign up for Our Email Newsletter
For Email Newsletters you can trust

Vacation in Mexico
Driving Directions Mexico
Mexican Insurance
Mexico Travel by Car
Property in Mexico
RV in Mexico
Mexico Travel Insurance
Riviera Maya
San Miguel

See how Sanborn's Mexico Auto Insurance rates.

Driving to Mexico

Spring Break is just around the corner, and everyone is ready for a break with family and friends! Get Ready! Don’t wait! Your Sanborn’s agent is ready to help you plan your road trip to Mexico. Here’s what you will need:

passport card for Mexico travel with Sanborn's Mexico auto insurance1. Have you gotten your passport card? A passport is the best ID and proof of citizenship. WHTI has made passports mandatory when traveling by air. However, there are a few other documents that are acceptable when traveling by land between the US, Canada and Mexico. US passport card and Sentri Card are accepted to cross the US-Mexican border

The U.S. Passport Card can be used to enter the United States from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda at land border crossings or sea ports-of-entry and is more convenient and less expensive than a passport book. The passport card cannot be used for international travel by air.

The cost to obtain a passport card is $55.00 for adults’ first time applicants and $30.00 for previous passport holders, for 10 years. For minors (under age of 16) is $40 for five years.

Processing times for a passport is 6 weeks, if you are planning to travel before that time frame, you can apply to expedite the process for an additional fee.

2. Make sure your vehicle registration is up-to-date. You need to take the original with you.

3. Get your vehicle permit online before you go! If you are driving to Sonora Only or the Free Trade Zone in Baja, you will NOT need to obtain a Vehicle Importation Permit from Banjercito.

If you are going to any other state, don’t worry! You don’t need to wait to get to the Mexican border to obtain it. Visit their online processing site where you have the option to pre-register or complete the importation process before traveling, depending on the time you have before your trip. Allow 10 days for the package to arrive including the hologram permit and all related documents.

4. Valid Driver’s license

5. Mexico Auto insurance from Sanborn’s. It’s easy, click here to quote, purchase and print your policy online. If you have questions about coverage, contact your Sanborn’s agent and they will be glad to help you choose the best coverage for your trip to Mexico. 800.222.0158

6. Don’t forget your Tourist Permit. Learn how to obtain a vehicle importation permit.

Is it safe to travel to Mexico for the Holidays?
Millions of U.S. citizens safely visit Mexico each year. This includes tens of thousands who cross the border every day for study, tourism or business and at least one million U.S. citizens who live in Mexico. The Mexican government makes a considerable effort to protect U.S. citizens and other visitors to major tourist destinations. Common-sense precautions such as visiting only legitimate business and tourist areas during daylight hours, and avoiding areas where criminal activity might occur, can help ensure that travel to Mexico is safe and enjoyable.

-"Department of State"