Sanborn's Mexican Auto Insurance.


Already purchased with Sanborn's

HOME   |    CONTACT US   |   

Free quote and Buy online Mexican Insurance
Mexico Auto Insurance
Driving Tip of the Day
More Useful Driving Tips
Sign up for Our Email Newsletter
For Email Newsletters you can trust

Vacation in Mexico
Driving Directions Mexico
Mexican Insurance
Mexico Travel by Car
Property in Mexico
RV in Mexico
Mexico Travel Insurance
Riviera Maya
San Miguel

See how Sanborn's Mexico Auto Insurance rates.

Mexico Travel Documents

When returning to the US, keep in mind the transitional period for border crossing by land has ended and everyone is required to present a passport or other WHTI-compliant document, which will denote both citizenship and identity when seeking entry into the United States through a land or sea border.

Travel Documents for U.S. citizens, ages 19 and older, travel via land or sea, as of June 1, 2009:
  • Passport Card
  • Passport book
  • Trusted Traveler Cards (NEXUS, SENTRI, or FAST)
  • State Issued Enhanced Driver’s License (when available)
  • Enhanced Tribal Cards (when available)
  • U.S. Military Identification with Military Travel Orders
  • U.S. Merchant Mariner Document when traveling in conjunction with official maritime business
  • Native American Tribal Photo Identification Card
  • Form I-872 American Indian Card
Children ages 18 and younger will only be required to present proof of citizenship, such as a birth certificate. Although travelers ages 16 and older should also carry government issued photo ID.

View a detailed list of documents that are acceptable for entry into the United States by land or sea after traveling to Canada, Mexico, Bermuda and the Caribbean. These documents comply with the new travel requirements of the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection highly recommends these documents for U.S. citizens. If you have questions, please visit